Finding a drug and alcohol treatment center in Mississippi, whom specializes in Cocaine Addiction, can be difficult. We go the Extra Mile to ensure you have a successful cocaine rehab experience in Mississippi.
About Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine is considered powerfully and addictive stimulant. Cocaine is made from the leaves of the coca plant. The coco plant is native to South America. Although cocaine has some medical uses, it is classified as an illegal drug. Cocaine is distributed in fine, white, crystal powder. In order to dilute the potency, cocaine is often cut with cornstarch, talcum powder, or flour. To increase potency, it may also be mixed with stimulant amphetamine.
Street Names for Cocaine
As with all drugs, individuals addicted to cocaine often use the terminology below to reference cocaine:
- Candy or rock candy
Effects of Cocaine Addiction
Due to the effects cocaine has on the brain, the national institute of drug abuse, list the following effects:
- extreme happiness and energy
- mental alertness
- hypersensitivity to sight, sound, and touch
- paranoia—extreme and unreasonable distrust of others
- snorting: loss of sense of smell, nosebleeds, frequent runny nose, and problems with swallowing.
- consuming by mouth: severe bowel decay from reduced blood flow.
- needle injection: higher risk for contracting HIV, hepatitis C, and other bloodborne diseases. However, even people involved with non-needle cocaine use place themselves at a risk for HIV because cocaine impairs judgment, which can lead to risky sexual behavior with infected partners
The short video below, made by NIDA chronicles the effects of cocaine use on the brain.