Alcohol Addiction Treatment at Extra Mile
Finding a drug and alcohol treatment center in Mississippi, that specializes in Alcohol Addiction can be difficult. We go the Extra Mile to ensure you have a successful rehab experience at Extra Mile Recovery, just outside of Tupelo, Mississippi.
About Alcohol Addiction
You’ve probably heard the term alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence, or alcoholism. At Extra Mile Recovery, if an individual that is both physically and emotionally dependent upon alcohol, we can help. We will create an individualized and comprehensive program that will guide you to successful recovery. Give us a call with any questions you have!
Symptoms of Alcohol Abuse
If you or a loved one, have experienced or are experiencing any of the following, contact us today:
- Drink more, or longer, than you planned to
- Have tried to cut back or stop drinking more than once but unable to
- Spend a lot of time drinking, being sick, or “hungover”
- Want alcohol so badly you can’t think of anything else
- Have problems with work, school, or family because of your habit (or because you’re sick after consuming alcohol)
- Keep drinking even though it has caused problems for you and/or your relationships
- Quit or cut back on other activities that were important to you in order to drink
- Have found yourself in situations while drinking or after drinking that made you more susceptible to physical or emotional injury
- Keep consuming alcohol even though it made you depressed, anxious, hurt your health, or led to a memory blackout
- Have to drink more than you used to for the effect you wish to feel
Effects of Alcohol Addiction
Although alcohol can be used to relax or celebrate, those with an alcohol addiction can experience the below side effects without getting help.
- Liver damage.
- Depression of the immune system.
- Reduced sexual performance.
Howcast has developed a video, explaining how alcohol addiction can occur: